Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division and Federal, State and Local Governments
Payments Made to Foreign Persons: A Basic Overview for Government Entities
May 12, 2011
2 p.m. ET
Valerie Hardeman, Central Group Manager
Robert Ching, FSLG Specialist
- The relevance of U.S. immigration law for tax administration.
- Employer responsibilities as withholding agents on payments made to nonresident aliens.
- Common visa types and how they impact employment tax reporting and payment provisions.
- When payments to a foreign person become subject to 30% withholding tax requirements.
- The purpose of Forms 1042/1042-S and its tax deposit requirements.
- Documentation required from foreign persons who receive U.S. sourced income.
Download Outlook Calendar Reminder
Sign up now
To register for this event, please fill out and submit|
the following form. (All fields are required.)
If you have previously registered for this|
event, please log in below:
Login Failed. Please try again or fill out the registration form.